EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY POLICY
Pathe Productions Limited (the “Pathe”, “we”, “us”, “our” and which expression shall be deemed to
include any Pathe special purpose company set up in respect of Pathe’s productions) believes in the
values of human dignity and diversity and has a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of unlawful or
unfair discrimination (whether in or outside of the workplace).
Pathe realises that a diverse and inclusive workforce is essential to the production of cutting edge and
high-end film and television productions. Pathe is therefore committed to fostering an environment
within which inclusivity is reflected across all levels and aspects of our productions and we want Pathe’s
employees, those contracted to work with us and our productions to be truly representative of all
sections of society. Pathe strives to create a culture that attracts, develops and retains the best talent
possible, and enables everyone working for or on our behalf to be their best.
This Equality and Diversity Policy (“Policy”) confirms Pathe’s commitment not to discriminate on the
grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment and/or identity, marital status (including civil
partnerships), pregnancy and maternity, race, ancestry, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin,
religion or belief and sexual orientation (or any other irrelevant factor) and to build a culture that values
meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency and where interpersonal interactions will take place
in an atmosphere of mutual respect and tolerance.
WHO DOES THIS POLICY APPLY TO?
This Policy applies to Pathe’s employees (including directors and management) and all parties engaged
on Pathe’s productions, which includes all members of crew (whether self-employed, working on or off
screen and/or working on a part -time or full-time basis) irrespective of their seniority on the production
and all members of cast (main and supporting artists) and anyone engaged through third party entities
and/or organisations. We expect all of the foregoing to comply with this Policy and to bring to Pathe’s
attention any non-compliance with the Policy.
PATHE’S APPROACH TO EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Everybody who works with Pathe, whether on a part-time, full-time, permanent or temporary basis will
be treated fairly and with respect. Selection decisions for all work opportunities on our productions will
be made based on aptitude and ability and in line with our diversity policies and goals. We will
encourage everybody who works with us to develop their full potential and their talents.
HOW WILL PATHE PUT THIS POLICY INTO PLACE?
• Take lawful positive action aimed at ensuring that disadvantaged and under-represented
groups are given equitable representation and treatment.
• Continually review our formal and informal employment/hiring practices and procedures to
ensure they are fair, lawful, up to date and help us to identify the best talent.
• Identify and take opportunities to increase lawfully the diversity of casting decisions in our
• Ensure that reasonable adjustments are made to enable people with disabilities to work in or
with Pathe, both on and off screen.
• Actively seek to increase the diversity of our talent networks and address underrepresentation in
regional participation, socioeconomic background and caring responsibilities.
• Create an inclusive environment in which individual differences and the contributions of
everybody who works with us on our productions are valued.
• Ensure everybody engaged on our productions is able to work in an environment that promotes
dignity and respect for all.
• Not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying or harassment.
• Ensure that complainants do not feel that their grievances are ignored or trivialised, and that
they will not suffer any retaliation or victimisation.
• Encourage anyone who witnesses discriminatory behaviour to notify us immediately.
• Encourage those that work with us to be aware of, and notify us of, any areas where we could
extend our diversity policies.
Pathe will monitor the success of these commitments and review our progress regularly.
Pathe expects its employees and everybody who works with us to be responsible for the promotion and
advancement of this Policy. The commitments and goals in this Policy are not intended to create an
environment for positive discrimination (which is in many cases against the law).
Pathe will not tolerate behaviour, actions and/or words that transgress this Policy. and we are continually
working to develop our policies and practices to further the commitments and goals set out herein.